The Johannesburg Expo Centre (JEC), Southern Africa’s largest events and exhibition centre, is set to sell its naming rights.
JHB Expo Centre. In an interview between JEC CEO and The Star newspaper Craig Newman stated “The new generation flocks there for the many concerts we hold each year and that is why we are now looking at renaming the expo centre to get rid of the old theme attached to the Witwatersrand Agricultural Society and later as purely an annual exhibition centre”. The JEC is home to the Rand Easter Show, one of the largest events in the southern hemispheres and was chosen by FIFA for the International Broadcast Centre (IBC) for the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
In recent years the JEC has invested over R100 million in upgrades and renovations to the property bringing it in align with international trends and standards. With over 50,000 m² of space under roof and over 100 000m² of outdoor exhibition space, it currently hosts a plethora local and international concerts, events and exhibitions each year.
In addition the venue is used as conferencing facilities (over 4000 m²) and is often used as a location for movie shoots. Many events make use of the central arena that can accommodate over 20,000 people. Just under 2 million pass through the JEC gates annually. Although Expo Centre is probably best known for one of Johannesburg’s much loved consumer exhibitions, the annual Rand Show, it is also home to several other well known exhibitions, including:
- Africa Health Congress and Expo
- African Farmers
- Aircon- Vent Africa
- Baba Indaba
- BAUMA CONEXPO AFRICA
- China Sourcing Fair
- Electra Mining
- Elenex Africa
- Glass Expo Africa
- IFAT Environmental Technology Forum
- Johannesburg International Motor Show
- Process Show
- Soweto Festival
- The Star Interbuild Africa
- WoodPro Africa
Adjacent to the JEC is the FNB Stadium, a 94,736 seater stadium, which hosts numerous events each year.In 2015 the FNB Stadium attracted over 1,5 million feet and hosted 32 events. Many attendees made use of surrounding 15,000 parking bays surrounding the JEC and many attendees passed through its gates. Major music events hosted in recent years include Lady Gaga, U2, Linkin Park, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Bon Jovi, Justin Bieber and One Direction.
Major annual sporting events include the Soweto Derby / Carling Black Label Cup. The JEC is located in Nasrec, south of Joburg and is within close proximity to all major arterial highways and is within a 30 drive from OR Tambo International Airport and 15 minutes from Sandton.
The Johannesburg Expo Centre won the coveted Diamond Arrow Award and the PMA. Africa Awards in 2015 and achieved a score of 4.10 out of 5.00 for its outstanding work in the Exhibitions and Events category. Other awards include the PMR Africa Award in 2007, 2011, 2013 and 2014.
The City of Joburg has major development plans for the area which include the development of logistics and wholesales centres and the construction of commercial, residential and retail spaces.
A major mutli-national bank is set to start construction of its regional head quarters in the next few months. Other government departments are planning to develop the area into a “smart-precinct” that will encompass the manufacturing of information and communication components.
Darryl Rahme from Innovate 360, in conjunction with Hypernova Media, the companies selling the naming rights for Johannesburg Expo Centre says, “This is an exciting opportunity for a company to secure the naming rights at one of Africa’s largest and busiest expo centres. It’s the perfect opportunity to increase their brand awareness in the marketplace and to extend their reach and offerings. Product activation, digital advertising, building wraps, signage … there’s a lot more on offer than just naming rights.
World class film studio set for Johannesburg Expo Centre
The Johannesburg Expo Centre (J.E.C) is set to develop an film park similar to Universal Studios in Nasrec soon. At the launch event Eddie Mbalo, Managing Director of Studio Joburg, the production company planning to promote the JEC, said that he plans to promote the J.E.C as a film-making location at the Cannes Film Festival in 2016.
Mbalo said, “We believe the expo centre is the ideal location for an undertaking of this nature”. Visit Studio Joburg website at http://www.studiojoburg.co.za/ Craig Newman, CEO of the J.E.C, said that the new development would be a benefit for the surrounding areas in terms of job creation and skills development and bring a new attraction to Nasrec and the surrounding areas.
The J.E.C plans to develop themed precincts within the venue with major global landmarks being represented within the areas, such as the Eiffel Tower, the Statue of Liberty and the iconic Tower Bridge in London. “Each of these mean several job opportunities for people in the area. This venture will mean skills development, job creation and investment into the south of Joburg,” he said.
WHAT IS ON OFFER?
- Exclusive naming rights
- Complete site branding
- Building wraps
- Scaff towers
- Entrance and Exit branding
- Hall and glass door vinyls
- Street pole advertising
- Digital media branding (website and mobile apps)
- Ticketing branding
- Exclusive use of the venue
- Bar and lounge facilities for VIP and EXCO
- To leverage off over R40,000,000 spent annually in marketing and advertising by the expo and the events it hosts
- Access to over 2,000,000 feet annually
- Opportunity to do product activation’s during events
- Association with some of the largest events in Africa
- Access to local and international exhibitors, companies and organisations.
ABOUT JOHANNESBURG EXPO CENTRE
- Multipurpose exhibition halls providing over 50000 m² of space under roof.
- Over 100 000m² of outdoor exhibition space.
- Conference rooms encompassing 4 000m².
- A multi-purpose arena that can accommodate up to 20 000 people.
- More than 15 000 parking bays.
- Five star catering facilities.
- 24 hour security.
- Convenient location with ease of access to all of Johannesburg’s major arterial highways and within 30 minutes from OR Tambo International Airport.
- Within 15 Minutes to a variety of choice hotels ranging from 3 star to 5 star.
- World class facilities, validated by the receipt of the coveted PMR Africa Award in 2007, 2011, 2013 and 2014.
SECURE THE SITE. CALL US NOW.
SECURE NOW. SEND US A MESSAGE